Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Becoming an Author

Writing the book, Theia's Moons - Eyes Wide Shut, was one of the most exhilarating journey's of my life.  I have always wanted to write books and my most loved genre is fantasy, followed by science fiction.  Some of my favorite movies are:
  • Avatar
  • Star Wars
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • Aliens
  • Prometheus
  • Harry Potter
I also loved reading all the Harry Potter books.  J.K. Rowlings is one of my heroes.  What she has created with her talent amazes me and I only hope I can become half of what she has become.



I began writing Eyes Wide Shut about four years ago.  I have rewritten the first chapter so many times, I finally had to just publish it.  I doubted myself.  Then I loved what I had wrote.  Then back to doubting.  It continued on with that pattern for four years and then one day I thought, I just have to do this.  So I did.  I stopped editing, rewriting, rereading and published it.  I cried afterwards.  I cried because for the first time in my life (aside from the creation of my babies) I felt I had finally done something that made my heart sing.  Even if I completely fail at this book, even if everyone hates it, I had finally accomplished something I never thought I would.


Now I am working on the next book of the series and already I feel it is a thousand times better than the first.  I love the story.  I love what I see in my mind and I only hope I can give it the life it truly deserves.  If the first book is not the best, the second one will be.

I hope you give it a chance!  Get to know my characters because they are something amazing to me and I am excited to have the world get to know them.  My book is available on Amazon as an e-book at $2.99 for the next week.  Please click on the link below and download, read and then give me some feedback, either on Amazon or on this blog.  Thank you all for your support!  I am excited to head down this road and become what I always dreamed I could become!

Theia's Moons Eyes Wide Shut

No comments:

Post a Comment