Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Eyes Wide Shut - Teaser 2


Malkia bolted up into a seated position, looking around at the others sleeping by the fire.  Her heart was beating out of her chest as she remembered why she had woken up.  The two wolf-men Jayde had not seen were not heading towards the other two mutts, they were heading for her.   

She glanced over at Damion who was nodding off, even though he was on watch.  She jumped to her feet, which jerked Damion awake and to his feet as well.

“What’s wrong?” Damion asked peering around.

“I just realized something.  I need to wake Jayde.”

She moved over to Jayde gently shook her.  It took a few seconds, but Jayde’s eyes fluttered opened.  She gazed up at Malkia and Damion with half opened eyes and then realized it was still night.  She sat up like a flash and scanned her surroundings.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, glancing back at Malkia.

“I need you to find all four wolf-men.  I need you to find them right now.”

“Why?”

Jayde’s eyes got big as she stared at Malkia.  There was fear in her eyes as it dawned on her why she had not seen the other two wolf-men.

“They are coming here, aren’t they?” she whispered.

I think so.  They have to be.  They must have met already and sent the two heading back to Damon, in our direction.  We have to know for sure, right now.”

“It is so hard to find them if I have no idea where to start.”

“Start at the place we stopped before now and then go backwards towards their group.”

“Okay, give me a moment.  I need to calm my heart and breathing.”

Jayde bounced lightly over to a large rock and sat against it.  She took three deep breaths and then put her head in between her legs.  After a few moments she peered up at Malkia and Damion and then stared at the fire.  It was only a moment later when she fell into her trance.

Damion focused on Malkia, surprise covering his face, “Do you mean those dogs are on their way to us right now?”

“I don’t know for sure.  I think so.  I feel it in my soul they are tracking us right now.  Call it a gut feeling, but I don’t want to dismiss it.  They cannot find us when we are in the air, so the best they can go with is where the witch told Damon we were when we were huddled in the trees.  Hopefully the rain washed away our scent from there and they will have no idea where we walked to.  But if they do find our last stop before now, they could easily run towards the direction of our large group and find us that way.  We have to know where they are for sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment